Placement for 2013/14
Placement for the 2013 – 2014 school year emails were sent out on Monday and Tuesday 3/4 and 3/5. If you have not received an email, feel free to call the school and ask what your wait list number is.
Tel. # 801-578-8144.
The Open Classroom is ….
- A learning community where children, teachers and parents work together.
- A FREE not-for-profit Salt Lake City School District public charter school, offering grades K – 8 and Pre-K
- Has been in operation since 1977
Is the OC right for your child?
The answer may be yes if…
- You want to be involved in your child’s education, including hands on work in the classroom
- You are looking for a school that values the whole child
- You feel that education should empower students to take responsibility for their own learning
- You want to be a part of a school community
Applying to the OC
Here’s what you need to do:
- Read this website to get started with the basic facts about the school.
- Attend a tour (see admissions page or calendar for dates)
- Turn in an application
Enrollment is open to everyone.
Admission is granted on a lottery basis!