How do I find out what is going on at school?
We all experience times of email overload and information deficit.
Keeping that in mind and knowing that people digest information in different ways, here are the many ways to find out what is happening at the O.C.
- The Open Classroom Community News is a newsletter published by parents. Every two weeks it is delivered to your inbox as a link to the online version or a pdf. Anyone in the community can contribute articles.
- The ocnews is an email list that is used for quick updates and reminders. Everyone in the community is subscribed to this.
- Class email lists are for teachers and the families within their classes to communicate regarding their class activities, issues and learning. All families should be getting class email for each child enrolled.
- Every committee has an email list to inform and discuss items relevant to that committee. This is another list that subscribes only members
- The Steering list is a quick way to learn how the governing body of our school works. Meeting times, minutes, and agendas are posted here. This information is also posted on the web site as it is made available. You must make a request to be on this list if you are not already on Steering.
- The hallway that runs between the main office and the library has several information points. A calendar for community meetings, sports/P.E. and fund raising information and a general news bulletin board. Each classroom has a parent info board, too.
- For more informal communication ocsupport and a Google group monitored by volunteers are available. These are great for finding community recommendations eg. babysitters, trades people, and second-hand items.
- The school has its own official FB and Twitter pages and You Tube channel. Many parent have created unofficial pages as well. P.O.C.K.Y. for example.
- Last but not least- the best way to know what is going on at the Open Classroom is to ask a kid, preferably your own.
Where you go to adjust email list subscriptions-