Kindergarten – 8th grade Counselor
The OC Counseling Center is located in the library on the south side.
Office hours: Daily 8:15-4:00
About Comprehensive Counseling
I am available for scheduled appointments as necessary and will always do my best to help students and parents on a walk in basis. Please, leave me a note if I am unavailable, and I will get right back to you.
In an effort to prevent social problems from occurring and to get to know each student better, I teach guidance lessons to each grade level throughout the year.
I meet with all 7th and 8th graders and their parents each year for their Career and College Readiness Plan meeting (CCRPlan).
7th grade CCR focus: connecting interests to possible careers
8th grade CCR focus: life beyond the OC (HS; 1,2,4 or more years of college; and career)
My purpose, and in accordance with the State Of Utah Comprehensive Guidance Standards, is to support your student through:
- Individual academic planning
- College and Career Readiness Conferences (CCR)
- Counseling behaviorally and academically struggling students
- Present and coordinate classroom guidance lessons and activities
- Mediation with students
- Assist principals and teachers with individual and school wide action plans
- Provide community resources and referrals to families of students
- Provide small and large group counseling services as needed
Please be aware that a school counselor does not:
- Provide therapy for students or families
- Perform disciplinary actions with students or teachers
- Perform the same duties as a principal or assistant principal