MENUS– for the main dish of the day, see below.
We offer sunbutter & jelly with bread every day as an alternative to the main entree. We also have a fresh veggie/salad bar with a fruit of the day.
***Don’t forget to prepay for any meals! This is school district policy.***
See LUNCH PAYMENT POLICY link for detailed information:
Entrees: September to October 2019
(v= vegetarian option)
Monday/23: stirfry noodles & chicken/edamame-v
Tuesday/24: soft taco, rice; pork/cheese/beans-v
Wednesday/25: waffles & sausage/eggs-v
Thursday/26: chicken tenders & muffin
Friday/27: No School
Monday/30: pasta, chicken or cheese-v & marinara
Tuesday/1: bbq ham, beans, & muffin -v
Wednesday/2: pizza, pepperoni or cheese-v
Thursday/3: fish sticks & bread
Friday/4: chicken filet or cheese sandwich-v
Please be aware, menus are subject to change without notice if we run out of an item during lunch service!
To adjust for food preferences: For a gluten free meal, ask to substitute rice or Udi’s gluten free bread. For a dairy free meal ask for no cheese, and substitute with meat or beans. We are a nut free facility. All meals have a vegetarian option.
If you have a child with a special dietary need please fill out the form below. You do not need a doctor to sign it for soy milk. For special medical issues or allergies requiring adjustments to the daily meal pattern, a doctor’s signature is required. Return the form to the main office or cafeteria. 16-17 Special Dietary Needs Request Form
To view the weekly average nutrition analysis of meals served at OC Lunch, click this link: OCLunchSep2019
FREE and REDUCED PRICE LUNCH:
- OPEN CLASSROOM LUNCH is on the federal free/reduced price lunch program! Your family can apply for free/reduced price lunch for students at any time during the school year.
- Applications are available in the OC main office, or go to this free/reduced application page for an online form. http://ocslc.org/about/lunch-room/freereduced-lunch-application-information/
- If your child is new to Open Classroom School, you must submit an application directly to OC regardless of free/reduced status at any other school!
- If your child was on free/reduced price lunch at OC last year, they can continue with the same status until 30 days after enrolling for the next school year. New lunch applications must be submitted within 30 days of the start of the school year to continue on uninterrupted free/reduced price lunch.
- Students who qualify for reduced lunch pay only $0.40 per meal.
PRICES and PAYMENTS:
- Regular lunch price is $3.00 per child, $4.00 per adult lunch, and $0.50 for milk only. A preset breakfast is available from 8:15-8:45 am for $1.50 and is not available for free at this time.
- Please remember to PREPAY into your student’s account for all meals. This a requirement of the SLC school district.
- Go to ‘Lunch Payments’ on the OC website to make secure credit/debit card payments through PayPal. Note: you do not need a PayPal account to do this. http://ocslc.org/about/lunch-room/lunch-payments/
- Make sure to include your CHILD’S LAST NAME in the information box when you pay. You can also send an email about your payment to email@example.com to let us know which child the payment is for. This is especially important if your last name differs from your child’s.
- Select from several preset payment amounts using the PULL-DOWN arrow to the right of the dollar amount, or if you have your own PayPal account, you can pay any amount!
- Your payment goes directly to Board of Education, SLC Open Classroom.
USDA Statement of Nondiscrimination:
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider.