As a parent of a student at the Open Classroom, a Targeted Assistance Title I school in Salt Lake City School District, you have the right to know the professional experience and training of the teachers who instruct your child. In particular, you have the right to ask for the following information about each of your child’s classroom teachers:
- Whether the teacher meets the state qualifications and licensing standards for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or temporary conditions.
- The teacher’s college major.
- Whether the teacher has any advanced degrees.
- Whether paraprofessionals or assistants provide instruction to your child and, if so, their qualifications.
If you would like to receive any of this information, please contact your student’s school.