A Letter to Students from Kathy Hollicker
Greetings! My husband and I have just finished driving through 11 states, beginning in Maine, in four days and three nights to be with you! I can barely wait to meet you! A few things about me:
- I am a mom of two children: A daughter who lives here in SLC, and a son who lives on the coast of Maine with his wife and son!
- I am a Grammie of a soon-to-be 13-year-old boy named Gabriel. I will have a picture of him in my office, so be sure to stop in! I sure am proud of him; he’s so respectful, kind, compassionate, and hard working.
- I have a husband, John, who will stay in Maine with our dog, Lulu, for now. I miss both of them so much already! But all I do is remember I’ve got all of you to look forward to, and I’m ok again.
- My cat, Mac, after Fleetwood Mac (yes, I love the band – go look them up), rode in our car in a large crate in order to join me in SLC and to keep me company!
- I am a Green Bay Packers die-hard fan.
- I love live hockey.
- Hiking is my favorite pastime.
- I used to run a bakery – no, that doesn’t mean I’ll have fresh pastries in the office every day J.
- I love, love (did I say love?) being a principal and seeing you kids every day!
- I believe in you and your talents and your future, and your hopes and your dreams. You have dreams, right?
- I like to tease (never in a mean way, but only to get you to smile).
- I believe school is hard sometimes, but persistence is the key (another word for persistence is grit).
- I want the absolute best school experience for each and every one of you.
- I am an awesome listener and a helpful problem-solver. That means you can come in my office any time to discuss what’s on your mind.
- I believe in giving our best.
- I believe we all make mistakes; yes, that includes me.
Now, what do you want me to know about you? Please stop by with your family on any of these evenings between 5:30 – 6:30 – July 12th, 19th, 26th, or August 2nd. If those dates and times do not work for you and your family, please book a time and date that does work for you!
Let’s have wonderful school years together! I look so forward to working with each of you!