Open Classroom Charter School is participating in the Seamless Summer Option for these unusual circumstances. All school breakfasts and lunches are free for this school year.
Planned menus are below, however we cannot guarantee availability, items may change. Except for the option of sunbutter and jelly sandwiches (vegan), we are unable to make meals based on food preferences at this time. Most meal components are separate and removable.
May 10-14 Breakfasts
|MAY||Breakfast Menus||with plain milk|
|Mon 10||choc.muffin, sunflower seeds, strawb.applesauce, juice|
|Tue||granola bar, pepitas, dried apricots, tropical fruit cup|
|Wed||graham crackers, string cheese, pear cup, juice|
|Thu||cereal bowl, cheddar stick, craisins, mandarin cup|
|Fri||lemon scone, mixed fruit cup, juice|
May 10-14 Lunches
|MAY||Lunch Menus||with chocolate or plain milk|
|Mon 10||sunbutter & jelly sandwich, carrots, apple|
|Tue||quinoa & edamame, tomatoes, orange|
|Wed||tortillas & chicken fajita strips, broccoli, blueberries|
|Thu||pulled pork hoagie, cucumbers, grapefruit|
|Fri||salad with hard boiled egg & cheese, roll, banana|
Meals are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination during the meal service. Meals will be provided through the end of school year 2020-2021 or until available funds run out. We do expect to be in place for the school year.
Meals will be provided to all enrolled children and their siblings without charge. Participation will be restricted for safety of students and capacity limitations; OC students and non-OC enrolled siblings are eligible for these free meals. A family member must come to pick up the food for children. If you are getting multiple meals please bring a bag or cooler to put them in!
Breakfast and Lunch for the entire week will be available as grab and go meals at the OC Kitchen Loading Dock between 11am and 1pm, on scheduled school days. The loading dock is below the west entrance to the OC building. You only need to come twice a week for all the meals!
A mask is required for any person coming to pick up food.
Please order any meals before coming. Email us at email@example.com. Tell us how many children will be needing meals for the week. If you have questions or need accommodations please contact us, we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Normal school year information———–*******************************************************
MENUS– for the main dish of the day, see below.
We offer vegan sunbutter & jelly with bread every day as an alternative to the main entree. We also have a fresh veggie/salad bar with fruit of the day.
***Don’t forget to prepay for any meals! This is school district policy.***
See LUNCH PAYMENT POLICY link for detailed information:
ENTREES:(v= vegetarian option available)
Please be aware, menus are subject to change without notice if we run out of an item during lunch service!
To adjust for food preferences: For a gluten free meal, ask to substitute rice or Udi’s gluten free bread. For a dairy free meal ask for no cheese, and substitute with meat or beans. We are a nut free facility. All meals have a vegetarian option.
If you have a child with a special dietary need please fill out the form below. You do not need a doctor to sign it for soy milk. For special medical issues or allergies requiring adjustments to the daily meal pattern, a doctor’s signature is required. Return the form to the main office or cafeteria. 16-17 Special Dietary Needs Request Form
To view the weekly average nutrition analysis of meals served at OC Lunch, click this link:
FREE and REDUCED PRICE LUNCH:
- OPEN CLASSROOM LUNCH is on the federal free/reduced price lunch program! Your family can apply for free/reduced price lunch for students at any time during the school year.
- Applications are available in the OC main office, or go to this free/reduced application page for an online form. http://ocslc.org/about/lunch-room/freereduced-lunch-application-information/
- If your child is new to Open Classroom School, you must submit an application directly to OC regardless of free/reduced status at any other school!
- If your child was on free/reduced price lunch at OC last year, they can continue with the same status until 30 days after enrolling for the next school year. New lunch applications must be submitted within 30 days of the start of the school year to continue on uninterrupted free/reduced price lunch.
- Students who qualify for reduced lunch pay only $0.40 per meal.
PRICES and PAYMENTS:
- Regular lunch price is $3.25 per child, $4.50 per adult lunch, and $0.50 for milk only. A preset breakfast is available from 8:15-8:45 am for $1.50 and is NOT available for free at this time.
- Please remember to PREPAY into your student’s account for all meals. This a requirement of the SLC school district.
- Go to ‘Lunch Payments’ on the OC website to make secure credit/debit card payments through PayPal. Note: you do not need a PayPal account to do this. http://ocslc.org/about/lunch-room/lunch-payments/
- Make sure to include your CHILD’S LAST NAME in the information box when you pay. You can also send an email about your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which child the payment is for. This is especially important if your last name differs from your child’s.
- Select from several preset payment amounts using the PULL-DOWN arrow to the right of the dollar amount, or if you have your own PayPal account, you can pay any amount!
- Your payment goes directly to Board of Education, SLC Open Classroom.
USDA Statement of Nondiscrimination:
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: email@example.com.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider.